14 pro-abortion Democrat governors are planning to sue the Trump administration over a proposed rule that would cut Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding. Some of the proposed rules that have Planned Parenthood up in arms include:
- Prohibits recipients of taxpayer funds under Title X from referring women for abortions.
- Requires abortion groups that receive funds to maintain completely separate facilities that do abortions.
- Requires recipients of Title X dollars to ensure that they follow all state and local laws requiring reporting of child abuse.
Planned Parenthood and other abortion activists have been lobbying heavily against the proposal and hinting about lawsuits if it is adopted. Now these 14 pro-abortion governors have sent a letter to the Health and Human Services Secretary, Alex Azar.
For more than 40 years, Title X has been an important partnership between the federal government and states that have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike. This dangerous proposal would upend decades of bipartisan cooperation, taking away women’s healthcare through trusted medical providers like Planned Parenthood and eroding their access to comprehensive, medically accurate information.
- Steve Bullock of Montana
- Jay Inslee of Washington
- Gina Raimondo of Rhode Island
- Andrew Cuomo of New York
- Mark Dayton of Minnesota
- John Hickenlooper of Colorado
- Dan Malloy of Connecticut
- David Ige of Hawaii
- Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania
- Kate Brown of Oregon
- John Carney of Delaware
- Roy Cooper of North Carolina
- Phil Murphy of New Jersey
- Ralph Northam of Virginia