The new Democrat-led House of Representatives passed a spending bill to end the federal government shutdown. In it, pro-abortion Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, who offered only $1 (one dollar) to protect Americans by securing our border, slid in a provision to provide funding to Planned Parenthood and other abortion groups overseas. The legislation would repeal the Trump administration’s Mexico City policy, which prevents taxpayer dollars from being used to fund the promotion or provision of abortion overseas.
Rep. Chris Smith criticized Pelosi,
“Madam Speaker, if reopening the government is the goal, if ending the shutdown is the goal, why does this appropriations package contain a brand-new poison pill rider, Section 7010, that overturns a major, comprehensive, current-day pro-life policy?”
Obviously this poison pill rider is Pelosi’s and the other Dems way of pushing back at the President’s pro-life policies that he has accomplished in the last two years, including
- Reinstating and expanding a ban on foreign aid to groups that commit or promote abortion
- Disqualifying groups that commit or promote abortions from receiving Title X family planning funds
- Overturning an Obama regulation that barred states from defunding Planned Parenthood
- Issued rules protecting Americans from being forced to subsidize abortion in government-mandated health insurance plans
- Appointed two pro-life judges to the Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.
It’s insane that on day one the radical left is trying to push their pro-abortion agenda.
Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, in a statement posted to his website:
“Apparently, Democrats in their first day as the House majority intend on pushing divisive, pro-abortion policies that would allow taxpayer dollars to flow to international organizations that promote and perform abortions. This is nothing more than far-left wing theater as these policies have no chance of passing the Senate or being signed by the President.”
Democrats have the votes to pass the legislation, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, has vowed to block the bill in the Senate.
2019 is starting out marvelous, the left would rather fund these baby killing businesses then build a wall and protect Americans.