Gun grabbing Dianne Feinstein introduced a Bill S.66, “Assault Weapons Ban of 2019.” It will punish law abiding citizens by outlawing the sale, transfer, manufacture, and importation of commonly owned firearms. Her goal, to be clear, is to take your guns away.
This bill would:
- Ban the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 normal firearms, which are referred to as military-style “assault” weapons, by name
- Ban any weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock
- Ban magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition
- Require a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill
- Require that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock
- Prohibit the transfer of “high-capacity” magazines.
- Bans Bump stocks
Updates to the Assaults weapon ban of 2017
- Ban stocks that are otherwise foldable or adjustable
- Ban “assault” pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded
- Ban “assault” pistol stabilizing braces
- Ban Thordsen-type grips and stocks
According to Feinsteins twitter, almost any gun or attachment is considered an “assault weapon.”
It also bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock.
— Senator Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2019
Part of the bill would be universal background checks on all transfers of grandfathered guns. The requirement would also apply to firearms that are gifted to family members. It would be a felony to transfer a gun without a background check, even if it is to an immediate family member.
In a statement released by Michael Hammond, legal counsel for Gun Owners of America reads:
“Dianne Feinstein’s new unconstitutional gun ban follows in the “Feinstein tradition” of blindly attacking guns for no particular rational purpose.
The 1994-2004 less-repressive predecessor to the Feinstein bill was found by the Department of Justice to have been totally ineffectual. As a result, in 2013, only 39 other senators voted to support her semi-automatic ban — in a Senate controlled by Democrats. And, finally, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has just declared, as unconstitutional, California’s magazine ban, which is similar to the one contained in Feinstein’s bill.
So Feinstein’s insistence of “doubling down on failure” may make her — and the loony Left — feel good. But no sane legislature is actually going to vote for her bill.”
Her bill is an assault on our right to keep and bear arms. It will violate our Second Amendment rights, plus it will fail to prevent violent crimes. Law abiding citizens will be unarmed while the criminals will keep their guns. This is how the left want to run America.