- A group of celebrities, who call themselves “a group of people who believe that access to health care is a public good that should be fiercely protected” have donated songs to “7 Inches of Planned Parenthood”, a curated set of records.
- Planned Parenthood is doing this in response to what they call a “threat”, which is the potential of losing tax payer funding. However, they word this “threat” as follows:
Lawmakers with extreme views are working hard to shut down Planned Parenthood. If they succeed, millions of Americans will lose access to basic health services, including STD testing and treatment, birth control, and cancer screenings.
- Planned Parenthood will receive 100 percent of the proceeds from the box sales and streaming revenue
- The word “abortion” is not mentioned in any of the promotional materials
- Artists contributing to the effort include:
- Aparna Nancherla, Björk, Bon Iver, Bryce Dessner, Chvrches (with film clip directed by Kristen Stewart), Common, Dr. Willie Parker, Dream Hampton, Elliott Smith, Estelle, Feist, Foo Fighters, Heather McGhee, Helado Negro, Janeane Garofalo, Jenny Slate, John Legend, Jon Brion, Laurie Anderson, Margaret Atwood, Margaret Cho, Mary J. Blige, Mary Lattimore, Matt Berninger, Meg Baird, Mitski, Nico Muhly, Pete Holmes, Sarah Silverman, Sharon Van Etten, Sleater-Kinney, St. Vincent, Tig Notaro and Zach Galifianakis.
Why It Matters
Last year alone Planned Parenthood performed over 320,000 abortions. 320,000 innocent lives they terminated.
What Planned Parenthood Doesn’t Want You To Know:
- They don’t 0 (zero) mammograms
- They perform less than 2% of all women’s cancer screenings in the United States
- They perform 30% of all abortions in the United States
- They are so concerned about their image and finances, they let a patient bleed to death over 5 hours before taking her to a hospital, and never called 911
There are currently 13,540 public health clinics providing comprehensive true health care for women, versus 665 Planned Parenthood locations. These health centers not only offer screening and prevention services, pap smears, cancer screenings, breast exams, and prenatal services, but they also offer a full spectrum of other primary care services that Planned Parenthood fails to provide, including:
- Diabetes and glaucoma screenings
- Cholesterol screenings
- Cardiovascular screening blood tests
- Thyroid function tests
- Eye, ear, and dental screenings
- Preventive dental services
- Well-child services
- Medical nutrition services
- Bone mass measurement
- Social worker services
- Mental health services
- Substance abuse services
- Emergency medical services
If those artists were really concerned with women’s health, they would put their time, talent, and money into something that would actually benefit women’s lives and support getting getting the word out so more women would take advantage of these public health clinics. But, they don’t, because their real interest is in killing babies, and nobody does that as well as Planned Parenthood.